Sunday 27 July 2014

Map of ideas


When Polly asked me to contribute a hand-written letter to the artist talk, I didn't really feel like writing a letter, but I had drawn a map of my ideas behind the works in the show whilst on a train and decided to send her a copy of that instead. I did it to help me get down some of the recurring thoughts I had had about the various works as they were developing, and then to see what connections were there between them all. In the end it felt like everything was getting too connected, man. But I guess that's just how art practices go...

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps everything is connected/nothing is really separate, it's just a matter of sitting down to really see them.

    I love this as a visual image. I have a copy folded and tucked into my note book.

    ReplyDelete